Backdrop LIVE is based upon an unconference model. Anyone can declare a topic up through the day of the event and the schedule is subject to change at any time. What would you like to talk about?

Block F - Slot 17

Slot 17: 3:00 pm America/Los_Angeles - April 5, 2024

WordPress powers over 40% of websites on the internet. It offers a user-friendly interface, a vast library of plugins and themes, and a large community of developers and users who contribute to its ongoing development and support. There are over 455 million active installations of WordPress software, compared to...fewer Backdrop installations. 

One of the main advantages of WordPress over Backdrop CMS is its larger community of developers and users, which means there is a wider range of support available for users who run into issues. Additionally, WordPress offers a greater selection of plugins and themes, which can help users customize their website more easily.

So obviously Wordpress is doing a lot of things right.  What are they?  What can we learn from them, in order to make Backdrop CMS better?

Let's look at it.

Wordpress 6.11 Content Admin screen

Facilitator(s): 
Intended Audience: 
  • All skill levels

Comments

Provocative title, I like it!

I also love the idea of looking at and learning from other opensource CMS projects. Wordpress is definitely doing some things right and things we can learn from. 

I've love to talk more about how the Wordpress ecosystem provides more opportunities for developers to make a living? What can we learn from that?