Backdrop LIVE is a dynamic and interactive event, designed to facilitate the sharing of information and lessons learned, as well as an opportunity to build the Backdrop community and plan for the future.
The goal of this event is for everyone to participate conversations. The discussions are not recorded. Facilitators for each discussion are asked to lead the conversation, but slides and presentations are discouraged.
Presentations are also welcome and encouraged, but they should be recorded and posted on this website at least one week in advance of the event, so that the real-time discussion can reference the pre
We have scheduled this event to take place in 3 hour blocks, scheduled over the course of 48 hours. We don't expect anyone to participate in the entire schedule, but wanted to be sure to provide some programming for participants in every time zone.
Who should participate?
- People who are using Backdrop
- People who are curious about Backdrop
- People who are familiar with Drupal 7
- People from Web Agencies
- Non-profit technologists
- Independent Contractors in Web Development
- People who are interested in an Open Source CMS
- INTERACTIVE - Mostly discussions and demonstrations.
- GLOBAL - Sessions scheduled for everyone, regardless of time zone.
- AFFORDABLE - recommended $20 Donation (any amount accepted)
We are waiting for your suggestions/requests and building a schedule as we go based upon the topics that YOU want to talk about.
The kinds of things that you might see added to the schedule include:
- Theme Development for Backdrop CMS
- Layout building, contexts and relationships
- Upgrading from Drupal 7 to Backdrop
- CiviCRM on Backdrop CMS
- How to manage your project with Github
- Selecting contributed themes
- Participating in the BackdropCMS community
- Accessibility compliance and awareness
- Backdrop CMS core initiatives
- Multilingual support
- Backdrop CMS in your country
- Measuring and monitoring site performance
- How does Backdrop CMS compare to Wordpress?
- Privacy issues
- Open Source CMS freelancer roundtable
Participants of Backdrop LIVE will be expected to adhere to the Backdrop CMS Code of Conduct.